When it comes to liquid storage containment, value and quality drive the selection process of tanks these days. Improvements in field construction methods, engineering design, coating processes and fabrication technologies, lead to storage products that are now outdated. Some products are still on the front line for performance and product development, including fertilizer tanks and their fabrication.
The procedures for choosing a wastewater or water storage tank begins with a range of considerations. Most of the time, tank selection depends on a favored construction approach instead of field performance requirements.
But field performance is vital because it can give you an idea of how the tank will perform in both ideal and adverse conditions. In evaluating varied kinds of tanks, check the field performance requirements so you would know it suits the requirements. This will help you outline the value attributes of each kind of tank.
Here are the top eight considerations that you should address for each liquid storage tank use:
- Consider the capacity requirements in cubic meters or gallons of the tank.
- Check the applicable codes and design codes needed for your tank.
- Check the distinct storage process requirements, such as pressure, agitation and digester.
- Know the temperature and pH of the liquid you intend to store inside the tank.
- Consider the material of the tank you intend to use for construction.
- Consider the configuration of your tank construction, whether it is elevated, flat bottom, or sloped bottom.
What are the cathodic protection requirements, as well as, corrosion allowance?
In case the application is routine and does not include any special conditions, then a regular construction is acceptable. If you have any concerns regarding anything on the list, you should check with a liquid storage application specialist will be able to suggest their proper use.
Keep in mind that you may not have all the answers, but you will require a dependable containment or storage specialist who can provide you suggestions in these areas.